All new SsangYong vehicles are supported by a comprehensive 7 year or 150,000 mile warranty - the best and the longest warranty available in the UK.
Our range of vehicles are all built in South Korea and have proven to be outstandingly reliable giving the confidence to provide our exceptional warranty.
Our 7 year or 150,000 mile cover is so unique, we are able to provide customers with this level or re-assurance due to SsangYong’s outstanding build quality.
It also demonstrates our commitment to you and our confidence in the quality built into every component that ensures your SsangYong will stand the test of time.
And you can also pass it on: if you resell your SsangYong within the warranty period, the new owner will also benefit from the remaining time or mileage.
With SsangYong you get 7 years of peace of mind, 7 years of fun, 7 years of adventure, excitement and dependability.
For new vehicles supplied by SsangYong Motor UK Ltd, and originally purchased by a Customer from the SsangYong dealer network in the United Kingdom, the SsangYong Motor Company warranty covers the vehicle from the date of first registration. It covers against manufacturing defects, subject to the conditions of the Limited Coverage, for a period of seven years or 150,000 miles on passenger cars or 100,000 miles for Private hire or vehicles used as a Taxi.
Any component forming part of the original vehicle specification manufactured by SsangYong Motor Company or supplied by SsangYong Motor UK Ltd (except tyres and accessories), which are found to have a manufacturing defect during normal usage of the vehicle will, at the discretion of SsangYong Motor UK Ltd, be repaired or replaced, at no cost to the vehicle owner. Components replaced under the terms of the warranty will continue to have the remainder of the vehicle warranty only.
Warranty terms and conditions
The 7 year or 150,000 mileage warranty shall not apply to the following:
Defects judged by SsangYong as being caused by the failure to follow the frequency and requirements of the correct routine maintenance schedules or the failure to have such routine maintenance performed.
– Careless handling.
– Improper use of the vehicle.
– Incorrectly completed repairs or routine maintenance.
– Non-genuine SsangYong parts or accessories not approved by SsangYong.
– The use of incorrect specification lubricants, fluids not approved for use in the vehicle by SsangYong Motor UK Ltd.
– Plated parts.
– Paint coatings.
– Rubber or plastic components.
– Soft trims.
– Noises, rattles or vibrations of low amplitude or frequency, which are representative of the characteristics of the vehicle.
– Slight oozing /misting of oils or fluids from seals or gaskets, which causes no appreciable decrease in the level of these fluids.
– External defects which are of a minor cosmetic nature and having no affect upon the general appearance or quality of the vehicle, or which are representative of the standards of finish expected by SsangYong Motor UK Ltd.
– Corrosion or other external damage resulting from stone chips, gravel or any other form of impact.
– Discolouration, fading, contamination or deterioration resulting from exposure to or contact with: road salt, tree sap, bird droppings, insects, tar, industrial pollution or fallout, lubricants or other fluids. Defects resulting from poor repair to, or failure to have repaired body damage caused by the above.
– Panel gaps, or any other defects, which are considered to be representative of the permitted manufacturing tolerances, accepted by SsangYong Motor UK Ltd.
– Low gloss.
– Runs/sags etc.
You must have the vehicle inspected once a year by an Authorised SsangYong Dealer or Repairer. The inspection will be recorded by the Dealer or Repairer at the time this is carried out. After this time, only defects attributable to the actual paint materials or metal panel work will be covered.
To protect your warranty we recommend that you:
• Ensure that the vehicle is serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s specified service schedule ensuring SsangYong genuine or recommended parts are fitted. It is strongly recommended that the servicing be carried out by a SsangYong Dealer or Authorised Repairer who has all the trained technicians, information and specialist equipment to carry out the service correctly.
• Avoid abusing or misusing your vehicle. Drive it appropriately; carry out all normal daily and weekly checks and top-ups of oils, fluids and coolant as stated in the Owners Manual.
• Report any faults to your nearest SsangYong Dealer or Authorised Repairer as soon as they occur and have the faults rectified by the Dealer or Authorised Repairer as soon as possible and within the warranty period.
• Use SsangYong recommended parts, oils, fluids and accessories (where applicable). • Avoid modifications to, or poor installation of, accessories on your vehicle.
This warranty can be transferred to any new owner, however it cannot be transferred to another vehicle.